Click on the blue links for additional details.
The Detroit Tigers managed just one hit, as they fell to the Pittsburgh Pirates 3-0 last night. Jordan Zimmermann turned in a quality start, giving up three runs over seven innings, but took the loss.
The Tigers continue that interleague series against the Pirates in Pittsburgh tonight. Matthew Boyd will start against Chad Kuhl. Pregame coverage begins at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
Eddie Rosario scored the winning run on a balk in the seventh inning, as the Minnesota Twins edged the Milwaukee Brewers 5-4 last night. Rosario broke toward the plate from third base while Oliver Drake was preparing to deliver a pitch. Drake flinched, and the umpires waved Rosario home. Keon Broxton homered for Milwaukee.
The Brewers continue that interleague set against the Twins in Minnesota this evening. Matt Garza will pitch against Adalberto Mejia.
The Cubs won last night, and now lead Milwaukee by a game-and-a-half in the National League Central Division.
The opening round of the Copper Country Twilight League baseball playoffs begins tonight.
– Second-seed Dean Kangas-State Farm hosts third-seed Wolverine-Orbit at the Hancock Driving Park.
– Top-seed Superior National Bank-Stanton welcomes fourth-seed REL-Mohawk Technologies at the Stanton field.
We’ll broadcast the Twilight League championship series next week on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
The Michigan Tech soccer team has been picked to finish third in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference this season. The coaches’ poll announced yesterday has Grand Valley State as the pre-season favorite, followed by Ashland. Northern Michigan was tied with Davenport University for sixth place. To see the complete poll, click here.
In Copper Country Horseshoe League play last night…
– Calumet One got past Dreamland One 6-3.
– Harter’s Party Store defeated Drift Inn 8-1.
– L and L beat Rocky’s Bar 7-2.
– Ahmeek Fire Department downed Harter’s Carquest 7-2.
– Calumet Electronics edged Loading Zone 5-4.
Email sports stories and results to email@example.com.