Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball League play tonight…
• At Miller Memorial Field in Laurium, Bucko’s/Labatts faces Sayen’s Auto/Coca Cola at 6:30, and Downtowner Two at 7:30.
• At the Hancock Driving Park, Kopper’s plays Auto Pro/Thermoanalytics at 6:30, and Pat’s Foods/Buckos at 7:30.
In NBA tournament play yesterday…
• The Clippers stopped the Mavericks 126-111. L-A wins that first round series 4-3.
• The Hawks shaded the 76ers 128-124. Atlanta takes a 1-0 lead in that second round series.
In second round action tonight…
• The Nets host the Bucks. Brooklyn leads that series 1-0.
• The Nuggets and Suns open their series in Phoenix.
In NHL tournament second-round play yesterday…
• The Canadiens smothered the Jets 5-1. Montreal leads that series 3-0.
• The Golden Knights smothered the Avalanche 5-1. That series is tied 2-2.
• The Bruins host the Islanders. That series is tied 2-2.
• The Canadiens welcome the Jets. Montreal leads that set 3-0.
The Detroit Tigers lost 3-0 to the Chicago White Sox yesterday. José Ureña gave up all three Sox runs over five innings. Chicago starter Dylan Cease turned in seven shutout innings, and struck out 10.
The Tigers have today off, and begin a home set against the Seattle Mariners tomorrow. Coverage begins at 6:50 on 99.3 The Lift.
Yet another Tigers pitcher has landed on the injured list. Michael Fulmer has been sidelined with a right shoulder strain. Jason Foley has been called up from Toledo to fill in. To make room for Foley on the 40-man roster, the Tigers designated outfielder JaCoby Jones for assignment. Jones had recently been demoted to Toledo.
The Milwaukee Brewers shut down the Arizona Diamondbacks 2-0 yesterday. Corbin Burnes struck out a career-best 13 batters over seven innings. Daniel Robertson and Tyrone Taylor homered.
The Brewers also have today off, and open a series in Cincinnati tomorrow night.
In Copper Country Horseshoe League play this evening…
• Bucko’s faces Dreamland One at the Dreamland Bar.
• Calumet One meets Loading Zone at the Drift Inn.
• Rocky’s takes on Ahmeek Fire Department at Rocky’s Bar.
• L and L plays Calumet Electronics at Ahmeek Park.
• Harters faces Drift Inn at the Calumet Dam.
• Dreamland Two and 41 Lumber meet at the George Gipp Recreation Area.
Our high school softball tournament coverage continues Saturday, as Hancock faces Ishpeming in the regional semifinal. Coverage from Rapid River will begin around 12:10 – or earlier, depending on the length of the first semifinal – on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.