Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball League play this evening…
• At Miller Memorial Field in Laurium, Sayen’s Auto/Coca Cola meets Auto Pro/Thermoanalytics at 6:30, and Downtowner Two at 7:30.
• At the Hancock Driving Park, Bucko’s/Labatts takes on Paul Hyrkas Construction at 6:30, and McGann’s/Northern Auto at 7:30.
Fast Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Women’s Fast Pitch Softball League play tonight…
• At the Chassell field, Tervo Agency plays Superior National Bank at 5:45. Superior Service faces Crush at 7:15.
In NBA tournament play last night…
• The Hawks defeated the 76ers 103-96. Atlanta wins that second-round series 4-3, and will open the Eastern Conference finals against the Bucks on Wednesday.
• The Suns outscored the Clippers 120-114 in the first game of the Western Conference finals.
There are no NBA games tonight.
In the Stanley Cup semifinals last evening…
• The Golden Knights shaded the Canadiens 2-1. That series is tied 2-2.
• The Lightning entertain the Islanders. That set is tied 2-2.
Daz Cameron’s two-run single in the top of the 10th inning gave the Detroit Tigers a 5-3 victory over the Los Angeles Angels yesterday. Casey Mize labored through five innings, giving up three runs on eight hits. Four relievers shut down the Halos the rest of the way, with José Cisnero earning the win, and Michael Fulmer getting the save.
The Tigers have today off, and begin a quick home series against the Saint Louis Cardinals tomorrow night. Coverage will begin at 6:50 on 99.3 The Lift.
Detroit has officially released catcher Wilson Ramos.
Daniel Vogelbach’s single in the top of the ninth inning drove home Jace Peterson with the winning run, as the Milwaukee Brewers edged the Colorado Rockies 7-6 yesterday. Eric Lauer tossed five scoreless innings as the Crew built an early lead, but left as the Rockies hit four home runs and scored six times in the sixth. Brad Boxberger got the win in relief.
The Brewers visit the Arizona Diamondbacks tonight. Brett Anderson will start against Merrill Kelly.
Milwaukee has sent pitcher Ángel Perdomo to Nashville on a rehab assignment.
In Copper Country Horseshoe League play tonight…
• Dreamland One plays Loading Zone at the Dreamland Bar.
• Rocky’s takes on 41 Lumber at the Drift Inn.
• Calumet One meets Drift Inn at Rocky’s Bar.
• L and L plays Ahmeek Fire Department at Ahmeek Park.
• Harter’s Party Store takes on Calumet Electronics at the Calumet Dam.
• Dreamland Two meets Bucko’s at Buckies.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.