Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
in high school volleyball last night…
• Baraga blanked Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 3-0.
On the volleyball schedule this evening…
• Houghton entertains Lake Linden-Hubbell. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Calumet hosts Gwinn.
• Hancock welcomes L’Anse.
• Chassell journeys to Wakefield-Marenisco.
• Ontonagon entertains Watersmeet.
In cross country…
• Several local teams will compete at the Ewen-Trout Creek Invitational today.
The Red Wings fell to the Capitals 4-2 last night. Tyler Bertuzzi and Michael Rasmussen scored for Detroit. Ville Husso took the loss in net.
The Wings host the Maple Leafs in preseason play tomorrow. Listen for regular-season Wings games on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons continue their preseason campaign tomorrow in New Orleans.
The Tigers concluded their season with a 5-4 loss to the Mariners yesterday. Ty France singled home the winning run off Gregory Soto in the bottom of the ninth. Riley Greene and Jeimer Candelario each had two hits.
Detroit finishes with a record of 66-96, in fourth place in the American League Central Division, just one game ahead of last place Kansas City.
The Brewers wrapped up their campaign with a 4-2 loss to the Diamondbacks. Arizona scored three runs off Trevor Gott in the top of the ninth to claim the comeback win. Rowdy Tellez homered.
Milwaukee ends with a record of 86-76, in second place behind the Cubs in the National League Central Division.
The playoffs open with the first wild card games tomorrow.
In tonight’s contest, the Colts visit the Broncos. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Please have your picks in The Wolf Pro Football Challenge turned in by noon today at one of our sponsors.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tonight – Houghton volleyball entertains Lake Linden-Hubbell. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tomorrow – Houghton football plays at Calumet. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Tuesday – Calumet volleyball plays at Negaunee. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.