In high school baseball this afternoon…
– Houghton will face Calumet at the Hancock Driving Park. Pregame coverage will begin at 3:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– L’Anse will play at Gogebic.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell plays at Jeffers.
– Houghton entertains Negaunee.
– Calumet travels to Ishpeming.
– Hancock plays at L’Anse.
In golf, local girls teams will play at the Ontonagon Invitational today.
Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball play tonight…
– At Miller Memorial Field in Laurium, McGann’s/Northern Auto faces Harter’s Carquest at 6:15, and Coca Cola/Monte Carlo at 7:30.
– At Hurontown, A and S Industrial meets Auto Pro/ThermoAnalytics at. 6:15, and Luigi’s at 7:30.
– At Tapiola, Downtowner 2 takes on Pat’s Foods/Bucko’s at 6:15.
The Detroit Tigers’ game against the Oakland Athletics yesterday was suspended when a nasty storm rolled into the Motor City. The A’s had just taken a 5-3 lead with two runs in the top of the seventh inning. Because the Tigers did not get to finish batting in the bottom of the inning, the game will be completed on September 6th.
The Tigers have today off, and entertain the Miami Marlins tomorrow night. Spencer Turnbull will start against Caleb Smith. Pregame coverage will begin at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
Ben Gamel’s lead-off home run in the top of the 10th inning gave the Milwaukee Brewers a 3-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves yesterday. Keston Hiura his his first major league home run, and Christian Yelich blasted his 19th of the season. Brandon Woodruff went eight innings, giving up two runs on five hits.
The Brewers also have today off, and begin a home set against the Cincinnati Reds tomorrow night. Gio Gonzalez will pitch against Sonny Gray.
In the NHL playoffs, the Saint Louis Blues pounded the San Jose Sharks 5-0 last night. The Blues lead the Western Conference final 3-2, with game six scheduled for tomorrow in Saint Louis.
In NBA playoff action, the Toronto Raptors defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 118-112 last evening. Milwaukee leads the Eastern Conference final 2-1.
Tonight, the Golden State Warriors visit the Portland Trail Blazers. Golden State leads the Western Conference final 3-0.
The Copper Country Horseshoe League begins play tonight…
– Calumet Electronics meets Dreamland One at the Dreamland Bar.
– Drift Inn plays Harter’s Party Store at the Drift Inn.
– Bucko’s Party Store will face Rocky’s Bar at Rocky’s Bar.
– L and L plays Ahmeek Fire Department at Ahmeek Park
– Dreamland One meets 41 Lumber at Laurium Park
– Loading Zone faces Calumet One at Lake Linden Park
Email sports stories and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.