Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In high school volleyball last night…
• Houghton cruised past Negaunee 3-0 (25-11, 25-19, 25-9)..
• Lake Linden-Hubbell v Wakefield-Marenisco – no report.
• Jeffers swept Chassell 3-0 (25-10, 25-22, 25-13). Chloe Turner, Raena Kangas, Hanna Larson and Kaeda Rajala all had six kills.
• L’Anse edged Baraga 3-2 (13-25, 15-25, 25-18, 25-21, 15-13).
• Ewen-Trout Creek blanked Watersmeet 3-0.
In volleyball tonight…
• Hancock plays at Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
In cross country, Houghton swept the Hancock Invitational at the Maasto Hiihto Trails yesterday.
• On the girls side, Hancock finished second in the team competition, with Calumet a close third, and the Wakefield-Bessemer team fourth. Tessa Rautiola of the Gremlins took top individual honors.
• On the boys side, Jeffers finished second, followed by Ironwood, Dollar Bay-Tamarack City and Republic-Michigamme. Amos Norland of the Blue Bolts placed first individually.
• See full results here.
In high school football tonight…
• The Calumet game at West Iron County has been canceled. The Wykons discontinued their season because of low numbers.
• Hancock entertains Gwinn.
• L’Anse travels to Iron Mountain.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell visits Stephenson.
• Ontonagon will host North Central at the Ewen Field.
• Houghton welcomes Bark River-Harris. Coverage begins at 1:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
The Michigan Tech football team visits Midwestern State in Wichita Falls, Texas tomorrow.
Northern Michigan plays at Davenport tomorrow.
The Finlandia University football team visits Iowa Wesleyan tomorrow.
The Finlandia men’s soccer team and Northland College battled to a 0-0 tie last night. Jeremiah Amador made nine saves for the Lions.
The men’s team entertains Ripon College tomorrow at noon.
The Finlandia women’s team plays at Madison College tomorrow, and at Ripon Sunday.
The Tech soccer team welcomes Saginaw Valley State tonight at 7, and Ferris State Sunday at noon.
The Tech volleyball team entertains Ferris State today at 5, and Lake Superior State tomorrow at 2.
The Finlandia volleyball team competes at the Sandy Schumacher Memorial Tournament at Eau Claire this weekend. The Lions will face Saint Benedict this afternoon, and Wisconsin-Stout and Saint Catherine tomorrow.
The Tigers had yesterday off, and host the White Sox tonight. Matt Manning will start against Lucas Giolito. Coverage will begin at 6:50 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Brewers also had yesterday off, and entertain the Yankees this evening. Adrian Houser will start against Frankie Montas.
In last night’s game, the Chiefs came from behind to edge the Chargers 27-24. The key play was a 99-yard interception return for a touchdown by Jaylen Watson in the fourth quarter, that broke a 17-17 tie.
• The Lions host the Commanders. Kickoff is at 1 on 99.3 The Lift.
• The Packers entertain the Bears in the Sunday night game.
Our high school sports broadcasts continue tomorrow, when Houghton football hosts Bark River-Harris. Coverage begins at 1:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf. Thursday, Houghton volleyball entertains Hancock in the Copper Spike match. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.