In high school volleyball last night…
• Calumet swept Negaunee 3-0 (25-20, 25-18, 25-13). Elli Djerf had 14 kills, 15 digs, and two aces for the Copper Kings. Cami Johnson had 24 digs, and Emily Peterson added 22 assists.
• Hancock shut down Westwood 3-0.
• Houghton downed Iron Mountain 3-1.
• L’Anse stopped Jeffers 3-0.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell blanked Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 3-0 (25-10, 25-16, 25-22).
• The Chassell-Bessemer match was canceled.
• Ontonagon v Ewen-Trout Creek – no report.
Tonight, Chassell plays at Jeffers.
The Rays took command of the American League Championship Series with a 5-2 win over the Astros last night. Tampa Bay leads the set 3-0, and could wrap up the pennant tonight.
The Braves held off the Dodgers 8-7. L-A scored four runs in the bottom of the ninth to make it close. Atlanta leads the National League Championship Series 2-0. That series also continues this evening.
The Tigers have begun interviewing managerial candidates. The first discussion was reportedly held with Dodgers coach George Lombard. Lombard was an outfielder for Detroit in the 2002 season.
The revitalized Central Collegiate Hockey Association has introduced its new logo. The blue and red image represents another step forward in bringing the league back to the ice next fall. Teams will include Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan, Lake Superior State and four other current members of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association, along with the University of St. Thomas, which will be moving up to NCAA Division I from Division III.
In last night’s NFL contest, despite all their COVID-19 problems, the Titans ripped the Bills 42-16.
If you played The Wolf Pro Football Challenge, you must have selected at least 11 games correctly to be eligible to be our weekly winner.
Our high school football coverage resumes Friday, when Hancock hosts Calumet. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com. We’ll also cover Houghton, Hancock and Calumet in the opening round of the WestPAC volleyball tournament Saturday, beginning at 9:40 on KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.