In high school volleyball last night…
– Calumet cruised past Iron Mountain 3-0 (25-17, 25-8, 25-14). Milly Larson had 15 kills for the Copper Kings, and Elli Djerf added 12. Cami Johnson had 28 digs.
– Houghton blanked Westwood 3-0.
– Jeffers swept Hancock 3-0 (27-25, 25-23, 25-20). Lilly Turner led the Jets with 10 kills.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell easily defeated Bessemer 3-0 (25-9, 25-9, 25-16).
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City v Wakefield-Marenisco – not reported.
– L’Anse v Ewen-Trout Creek – not reported.
– Ontonagon downed Watersmeet 3-1.
In volleyball tomorrow…
– Calumet plays at the Ashwaubenon Invitational.
– Houghton plays at The Rock Invitational at Gladstone.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City, Chassell, Ontonagon, Baraga, and Jeffers compete at the Baraga Invitational.
In cross country, results from the Hancock Invitational yesterday were not reported.
In high school football tonight…
– Calumet plays at Westwood.
– Houghton entertains Iron Mountain.
– Hancock hosts Negaunee. Hear the broadcast at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– L’Anse hosts Gogebic.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell travels to Gwinn.
Tomorrow, Ontonagon hosts Newberry.
The Finlandia University men’s soccer team shut out Northland College 3-0 last evening. Akwasi Kwarteng scored twice, Bryson Beck once, and Andre Ramirez made seven saves. The Lions will host Franklin College tomorrow at 6:30.
The Lions women’s soccer team hosts Maranatha Baptist this afternoon at 4:00. Our broadcast coverage will begin at 3:40 on 99.3 The Lift and 993TheLift.com. The Lions will entertain Northland College tomorrow morning at 9:00.
The Finlandia football team will host Ripon College tomorrow at 1:00. Pregame coverage will begin at 12:40 on 99.3 The Lift and 993TheLift.com.
The Michigan Tech volleyball team lost 3-0 (25-22, 25-14, 25-18) to sixth-ranked Minnesota-Duluth at the Huskies Classic in Saint Cloud, Minnesota last night. The Huskies – our Huskies – will face Bemidji State and Saint Cloud State today, and Minnesota-Crookston tomorrow.
The MTU soccer team plays at Minnesota-Moorhead today.
The Tech football team plays at McKendree University tomorrow afternoon.
The Detroit Tigers lost both ends of their doubleheader against the New York Yankees yesterday, 10-4 and 6-4. Dawel Lugo and Travis Demeritte homered in the opener. Matthew Boyd gave up four runs over five innings, and took the loss. In the nightcap, Spencer Turnbull allowed four runs over five innings, and suffered the loss.
The Tigers host the Baltimore Orioles tonight. Jordan Zimmermann will pitch against Aaron Brooks. Pregame coverage begins at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Milwaukee Brewers won their seventh straight game yesterday, edging the Miami Marlins 3-2.
The Cardinals and Cubs both won yesterday, so Saint Louis continues to lead the National League Central Division by four games, with Chicago and Milwaukee tied for second, four games back.
The Brewers begin a critical series against the Cardinals in Saint Louis tonight. Adrian Houser will start against Adam Wainwright.
In last night’s NFL game, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers edged the Carolina Panthers 20-14.
On Sunday, the Green Bay Packers host the Minnesota Vikings in a 1:00 game. The Detroit Lions entertain the Los Angeles Chargers in a 1:00 contest. Pregame coverage will begin at 11:00 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Red Wings will not anoint an individual captain again this year. Instead, Jusitn Abdelkader, Dylan Larkin, Frans Nielsen and Luke Glendening will alternate in the role.
Email sports news and game results to email@example.com.