In high school volleyball last night…
– Calumet blanked West Iron County 3-0 (25-20, 25-16, 25-17). Molly Larson had 16 kills, and Cami Johnson had 32 digs.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell downed Hancock 3-1 (20-25, 25-14, 25-12, 25-18).
– Chassell v Dollar Bay-Tamarack City – not reported.
– Jeffers swept Ontonagon 3-0 (25-8, 26-24, 25-11). Marissa Nordstrom had 14 of the Jets’ 33 aces in the match.
– L’Anse v Westwood – not reported.
– Baraga v Wakefield-Marenisco – not reported.
– Ewen-Trout Creek v Bessemer – not reported.
In high school football this evening…
– Houghton entertains L’Anse. Our broadcast will begin around 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Calumet travels to Negaunee.
– Hancock visits Gogebic. That game will be played at the Ironwood field, with kick-off at 7:00 Eastern Time.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell hosts Ishpeming. Kickoff time for that game has been moved up to 1:30.
– Ontonagon welcomes Brimley.
The Finlandia University women’s soccer team ripped Crown College 6-0 last night. Kirsten L’Esperance scored three goals. The Lions outshot the Storm 32-3.
The Lions men’s soccer team hosts Marian University tomorrow at 1:00, and entertains Concordia-Wisconsin Sunday at noon.
The Lions volleyball team plays at Wisconsin-Superior tonight, then travels to Ashland for games against Saint Scholastica and Northland College tomorrow.
The Finlandia football team opens its season tomorrow at Concordia-Wisconsin.
The Michigan Tech volleyball team opened its season with a hard-fought 3-0 (25-23, 26-24, 25-17) sweep of Southwest Minnesota State last night on the opening night of the Keweenaw Classic. Northern Michigan University defeated the University of Mary 3-2 (25-17, 11-25, 25-17, 16-25, 15-9).
– Mary faces Wisconsin-Parkside at 9:00.
– NMU takes on Upper Iowa at 11:00.
– Southwest Minnesota State meets Lake Superior State at 11:00.
– Michigan Tech plays Mary at 1:00.
– Minnesota Crookston faces Wisconsin-Parkside at 1:00.
– Upper Iowa takes on Lake Superior State at 3:00.
– NMU meets Southwest Minnesota State at 5:00.
– Tech plays Minnesota-Crookston at 7:00.
To see the full schedule, click here.
The Tech soccer team opens its season at Saint Cloud State tonight.
The Tech football team begins its season at Hillsdale tomorrow afternoon.
The NMU football team kicks off its season at home against McKendree University tomorrow.
The Detroit Tigers got past the Kansas City Royals 6-4 yesterday. Brandon Dixon, Dawel Lugo and Jordy Mercer homered.
The Tigers open a series in Oakland tonight. They’ll begin by finishing a game that was suspended because of weather back in May. The Athletics lead 5-3 in the bottom of the seventh. There will be a brief pregame show before the first pitch at 8:15 on 99.3 The Lift. The regularly scheduled contest will follow.
The Milwaukee Brewers’ struggles against the Chicago Cubs continued with a 10-5 loss last night.
The Brewers host the Cubs again this evening.
The Green Bay Packers opened the NFL season with a 10-3 victory over the Chicago Bears last night. Aaron Rodgers passed for the game’s only touchdown.
The Detroit Lions open their regular campaign Sunday at Arizona. Hear all the Lions games again this season on 99.3 The Lift.
Keweenaw Roller Derby will host the Harbor City Dames from Duluth, Minnesota, tomorrow at Dee Stadium. Doors open at 5:00, and competition begins at 6:00. For details about Keweenaw Roller Derby, click here.
Email sports news and game results to email@example.com.