In high school volleyball last night…
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City swept Chassell 3-0 (25-11, 25-17, 25-18).
• Jeffers got past Baraga 3-1 (25-14, 25-17, 25-20, 25-23). Savannah Asiala had 10 of the Jets’ 33 aces.
• Ewen-Trout Creek downed Ontonagon 3-1.
The Finlandia University men’s soccer team lost 13-0 at third-ranked Calvin College last evening.
The Detroit Tigers fell 3-2 to the Pittsburgh Pirates last evening. Ben Gamel’s two-run single off Alex Lange in the sixth inning was the game-winner.
The Tigers conclude that series in Pittsburgh this evening. Coverage will begin at 6:15 on 99.3 The Lift. Matt Manning will start against Mitch Keller.
Yesterday, the Tigers brought pitchers Bryan Garcia and Drew Hutchison up from Toledo. Drew Carlton was sent down, and Joe Jiménez was officially placed on the injured list with COVID-19.
The Milwaukee Brewers blasted the Philadelphia Phillies 10-0 last night. Eric Lauer gave up four hits over seven innings to earn the win. Avisaíl García homered, Christian Yelich had three hits, and Eduardo Escobar drove in three runs.
The Brewers host the Phillies again tonight. Freddy Peralta will pitch against Kyle Gibson.
Milwaukee officials confirmed yesterday that reliever John Curtiss underwent Tommy John ligament reconstruction surgery last week. He is expected to miss all of next season.
High School Sports Broadcasts
• In volleyball tomorrow, Calumet hosts Iron Mountain. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on KBear 102.3. Houghton plays at Westwood. Coverage will start around 6:10 on 97.7 The Wolf.
• In football Friday, Calumet plays at Westwood. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3,
• In football Saturday, Houghton entertains Iron Mountain. Coverage will start at 12:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf. Lake Linden-Hubbell hosts Norway. Coverage will begin at 1:10 on KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.