In high school volleyball last night…
– Calumet cruised past Westwood 3-0 (25-13, 25-8, 25-14)
– Hancock defeated Ishpeming 3-0.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell swept Baraga 3-0 (25-12, 25-15, 25-19).
– L’Anse blanked Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 3-0 (25-16, 25-21, 25-17). Alayna Waara had 11 kills and four aces. Brynn VanBuren had 28 assists, and Addison Mattson recorded 23 digs for the Purple Hornets.
– Jeffers swept Bessemer 3-0 (25-18, 25-21, 25-20). Brenna Hill and Mara Pietila each had five aces.
– Ewen-Trout Creek v Watersmeet – no report.
– Ontonagon v Wakefield-Marenisco – no report.
In volleyball tomorrow, Calumet, Houghton and Hancock play at the WestPAC Tournament at Westwood.
In high school football tonight…
– Hancock plays at Calumet. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Houghton travels to Negaunee.
– L’Anse welcomes Iron Mountain.
– Ontonagon travels to North Dickinson.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell travels to Bark River-Harris. Coverage will begin at 12:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
In cross country, the U.P. finals will be held tomorrow at Gentz’s Homestead Golf Course in Marquette.
The Finlandia University volleyball team plays at Crown College tonight, then faces Wisconsin-River Falls and Hamline University in a triangular at Hamline tomorrow.
The Lions football team entertains Hope College tomorrow at noon.
The Northern Michigan University hockey team skates at Boston University tonight and tomorrow night.
The Michigan Tech hockey team has the weekend off.
The Michigan Tech volleyball team begins play today at the Midwest Region Crossover in Indanapolis. The Huskies will face Drury this afternoon, and Cedarville and Illinois-Springfield tomorrow.
The Huskies soccer team hosts Davenport University today at 5:00.
The Tech football team plays at Davenport tomorrow.
The NMU football team entertains Grand Valley State tomorrow.
The Detroit Red Wings dropped their third straight game last night, falling 5-1 to the Calgary Flames. Darren Helm’s tap-in was Detroit’s only score. Jimmy Howard stopped 31 shots in the loss.
The Wings visit the Edmonton Oilers tonight. Pregame coverage begins at 8:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
Luke Kennard will be back with the Pistons next season. Detroit picked up the 2020-2021 option on his contract yesterday.
The Pistons open the regular season Wednesday at Indiana. Listen for selected Pistons regular-season games again this year on 99.3 The Lift.
The Astros defeated the Yankees 8-3 last night. Houston leads the American League Championship Series three games to one, with game five tonight in New York.
In last night’s NFL game, the Kansas City Chiefs smothered the Denver Broncos 30-6. K-C quarterback Patrick Mahomes left the game in the second quarter with a dislocated right kneecap. He’ll undergo an MRI today.
Sunday, the Green Bay Packers entertain the Oakland Raiders in a 1:00 game. The Detroit Lions host the Minnesota Vikings in a 1:00 contest. Pregame coverage begins at 11:00 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Lake Superior Performance Rally begins this afternoon. You can see the cars and meet the drivers beginning at 2:00 at the Country Inn and Suites in Houghton. The first driver will hit the course at 3:50. There’s a second parc expose tomorrow morning at 9:00 at L’Anse Waterfront Park. The ceremonial final stage will begin just after 5:00 tomorrow in downtown Houghton.
Email sports news and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.