Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
In high school volleyball last evening…
• Calumet blanked Ishpeming 3-0 (25-20, 25-12, 25-10). Jackie Kiilunen had 13 kills and 21 digs. Maddie Torola had five kills and six aces. Allie Bjorn had 10 kills and two aces. Caitlyn Strom had five kills and three blocks. Laina Kariniemi had 31 assists and two aces. Hear the game replay here.
• Houghton outlasted Marquette 3-2 (25-15, 23-25, 18-25, 28-26, 16-14).
• Hancock edged West Iron County 3-2 (22-25, 25-12, 25-15, 22-25, 15-6).
• Lake Linden-Hubbell got past Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 3-1 (28-26, 25-17, 22-25, 25-14).
• Chassell lost to Ewen-Trout Creek 3-0 (25-7, 25-9, 25-12).
• Jeffers blanked Baraga 3-0 (25-21, 25-23, 25-9). Taylor Heinonen led the Jets with six aces and 14 assists. Kaeda Rajala had 10 kills.
• L’Anse fell to Ironwood 3-0 (18-25, 22-25, 17-25). Mylee Londo had 12 kills for the Purple Hornets.
Tickets for the 57th Great Lakes Invitational Hockey Tournament go on sale on Friday morning at 10. Fans can purchase tickets online at Ticketmaster.com and at the Van Andel Arena, DeVos Place, and DeVos Performance Hall Box Office. The GLI will be held at the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids December 28th and 29th, and will feature Michigan Tech, Michigan State, Ferris State and Alaska.
Max Muncy’s RBI single in the bottom of the ninth off Alex Lange gave the Dodgers a 3-2 victory over the Tigers last night. Detroit took an early lead, with homers by Spencer Torkelson and Parker Meadows, but L-A got one back off Tyler Holton in the fourth, and another off Jason Foley in the eighth.
The Tigers visit the Dodgers again tonight. Reese Olson will pitch against Bobby Miller. Coverage will start at 9:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
Alex Faedo’s season is over. The Tigers placed him on the injured list yesterday with a finger blister. Reliever Brendan White has been called up from Toledo. Outfielder Riley Greene will undergo exploratory elbow surgery today in Texas. Greene has been out since he hurt the elbow while making a catch in a game September 1st.
The Brewers outscored the Cardinals 7-3 last evening. Josh Donaldson, Tyrone Taylor and Sal Frelick doubled as the Crew drove home four in the fourth. William Contreras homered.
The Brewers visit the Cardinals again this evening. Adrian Houser will start against Zack Thompson.
The Cubs won and the Reds lost, so Milwaukee’s lead in the National League Central Division stands at six games over Chicago, and seven games over Cincinnati.
High School Sports Broadcasts
- Friday – Football – Calumet at Kingsford – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Friday – Football – Menominee at Houghton – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tuesday – Volleyball – Kingsford at Calumet – 6:10 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.