Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
In high school volleyball last night…
• Calumet swept previously unbeaten Hancock 3-0 (25-10, 25-16, 25-15).
• Houghton pulled out a seesaw 3-2 (25-18, 23-25, 25-14, 20-25, 15-8) victory over Negaunee. Danica Ryynanen had 10 kills and 7 blocks. Sophia Neves had 16 kills. Eva Gerard had 11 kills. Clea Olanketto had 33 digs.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell fell to Wakefield-Marenisco 3-1.
• Jeffers swamped Chassell 3-0 (25-7, 25-9, 25-13). Sara Johnson led the Jets with seven aces.
• Baraga outscored L’Anse 3-0.
• Ewen-Trout Creek v Watersmeet – no report.
• Hancock entertains Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
The Houghton cross country teams swept the Hancock Invitational at the Maasto Hiihto Trails yesterday.
• On the boys side, Jeffers placed a close second. Dollar Bay-Tamarack City was third, Hancock fifth, and Chassell eighth. Chassell’s Kalvin Kytta took individual honors, with Jeffers’ Landon Larson second.
• On the girls side, Hancock came in second. Ishpeming’s Lola Korpi claimed top individual honors, with Tessa Rautiola of the Gremlins second.
See full meet results here.
In high school football tonight…
• Calumet welcomes Menominee for the Hall of Fame Game. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3. This year’s Athletic Hall of Fame inductees will be introduced on the field this evening. The induction ceremony will start tomorrow at 11 at the CLK School commons.
• Houghton visits Westwood. Coverage will start at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Hancock travels to Gladstone.
• L’Anse entertains Bark River-Harris.
• Ontonagon journeys to North Central.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell entertains Stephenson for Parents Day. Kickoff is at 1:30 at Warner Field.
The Houghton Soccer team plays at Sault Ste. Marie tomorrow.
The Michigan Tech volleyball team welcomes Grand Valley State tonight at 7:00, and Davenport University tomorrow at 3:00.
The Northern volleyball squad hosts Davenport tonight, and Grand Valley tomorrow.
The Michigan Tech soccer team hosts Purdue Northwest today at 5:00.
The Northern women’s soccer team entertains Parkside this afternoon. The Northern men’s team welcomes Davenport today.
The Michigan Tech football team plays at Wisconsin-Platteville tomorrow at 2:00.
The Northern football team entertains Wisconsin-LaCrosse tomorrow.
The Tigers pounded the Reds 8-2 yesterday. Reese Olson threw five no-hit innings, but left as Cincinnati scored a run in the sixth. Matt Vierling hit a grand slam, and Akil Baddoo also homered.
The Tigers visit the Angels tonight. Tarik Skubal will start against Griffin Canning. Coverage will begin at 9:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Brewers got past the Marlins 4-2 yesterday. Tyrone Taylor had two doubles, drove in two runs, and scored on an acrobatic slide at home plate. Adrian Houser returned from the injured list, gave up two runs over five innings, and earned the win.
The Brewers entertain the Nationals tonight. Wade Miley will start against Jake Irvin.
The Cubs were idle, so Milwaukee’s lead in the National League Central Division stands at four-and-a-half games over Chicago.
To make room for Houser on the roster, Colin Rae was sent down to Nashville.
In last night’s game, Kirk Cousins threw four touchdown passes, but the Vikings fell to the Eagles 34-28. Former Lion D’Andre Swift ran for 175 yards for Philadelphia. Minnesota coughed up four fumbles.
The Lions host the Seahawks in a 1:00 game Sunday on 99.3 The Lift.
The Packers visit the Falcons in a 1:00 game Sunday.
Michigan Sports Hall of Fame
Congratulations to Northern Michigan University Athletic Director Rick Comley, who was among those inducted into the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame last night. Comley played and coached hockey at Lake Superior State, then served as hockey coach and athletic director at NMU, before moving on to coach hockey at Michigan State. He won national hockey titles with both the Wildcats and the Spartans. Comley returned to the NMU AD position last year. See all of the Hall of Fame inductees here.
High School Sports Broadcasts
- Tonight – Football – Menominee at Calumet – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Tonight – Football – Houghton at Westwood – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tuesday – Volleyball – Calumet at Ishpeming – 6:10 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.