Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In hockey this evening…
• Hancock entertains Jeffers.
In high school girls basketball tonight…
• Calumet welcomes Iron Mountain. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell plays at L’Anse.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City hosts Ewen-Trout Creek.
Michigan Tech opens the GLIAC season tonight, as both the men’s and women’s teams play at Parkside.
Both Northern teams open their conference campaigns at Purdue Northwest.
The Tech women’s team introduced four new recruits yesterday…
• Alyssa Wypych is a two-time All-Conference guard from Rockford, Michigan. Her mother played basketball for the Huskies, and her father played football.
• Maggie Napont is a two-time All-Conference guard from Sutton’s Bay. She plays for Traverse City St. Francis.
• Danielle Nuest is an All-State guard from Becker, Minnesota.
• Brittney Mislivecek is an All-Conference guard from La Crosse, Wisconsin.
Michigan Tech’s Brett Thorne has been named the Central Collegiate Hockey Association Defenseman of the Month for November.
The NCAA Division I Football Bowl Division could expand its postseason tournament to include 12 teams as soon as the 2024 season. Organizers of the Rose Bowl have reportedly signed on to the deal, after having been the final holdout.
The field would include the regular-season champions of the six major conferences, along with six wild card teams. The top four major conference champions would receive opening-round byes. Quarterfinals would be played New Year’s Day, with semifinals the following week, and the championship game a week later.
The Red Wings lost 5-4 to the Sabres in a shootout last night. The Wings overcame a 4-1 deficit in the third period to force overtime. Oskar Sundqvist scored twice. Buffalo’s Jack Quinn netted the only goal in the shootout. Alex Nedeljokivic made 30 saves for Detroit.
Tyler Bertuzzi left the game after he was hit on the hand by a puck. He’ll be evaluated today. Bertuzzi recently returned after a month on the sidelines because a broken hand.
The Wings host the Golden Knights Saturday. Coverage begins at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons entertain the Mavericks tonight.
In tonight’s contest, the Patriots host the Bills. Coverage will begin at 7:30 on 99.3 The Lift.
Please turn in your picks in The Wolf Pro Football Challenge at one of our sponsors by noon today.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tonight – Calumet girls basketball hosts Iron Mountain. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Tomorrow – Houghton hockey hosts Traverse City Central. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tuesday – Calumet hockey skates at Marquette. Coverage will begin at 6:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Tuesday – Houghton girls basketball entertains L’Anse. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Wednesday – Houghton hockey entertains Hancock. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.