Bad weather wiped out all of last night’s high school basketball games.
On the girls’ schedule…
– The Houghton – Marquette contest was postponed – no make-up date has been announced.
– The Chassell – Republic-Michigamme game was postponed – no make-up date has been announced.
– The Ewen-Trout Creek – Ontonagon game was postponed – no make-up date has been announced.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell – Hancock game was postponed to February 19th.
– The Wakefield-Marenisco game at Baraga will be made up February 20th.
– The West Iron County at L’Anse game will be made up tonight.
– The Bessemer at Jeffers contest will be made up tonight.
Also on the girls schedule tonight…
– Calumet travels to Negaunee.
– Hancock entertains Gwinn, in a game that was delayed from last night until tonight to accommodate last night’s Hancock-Lake Linden makeup.
In boys action last evening…
– The Bessemer game at Lake Linden-Hubbell was postponed to Thursday.
– The L’Anse game at Ishpeming was postponed until February 21st.
On the boys schedule tonight…
– Chassell plays at Calumet. It’s Parents Night for the Copper Kings. Our broadcast will begin around 7:00 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Jeffers tips off at Houghton.
– Hancock travels to at Gwinn.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell visits Republic-Michigamme.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City welcomes Ewen-Trout Creek.
The Finlandia University basketball teams against Bay College were postponed to February 18th.
Michigan Tech’s Elizabeth Kelliher has been named the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference North Division Women’s Basketball Player of the Week. Kelliher scored 38 points in the Huskies’ victories over Purdue Northwest and Wisconsin-Parkside.
Former Michigan Tech hockey goaltender Phoenix Copley has signed a three-year, three-million dollar contract extension with the Washington Capitals.
The Detroit Pistons found their offense last night, and ripped the Denver Nuggets 129-103. Andre Drummond scored 27 points, and grabbed 12 rebounds. Stanley Johnson added 21. The Pistons visit the New York Knicks tonight. Pregame coverage begins at 7:05 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Red Wings are off until Thursday, when they host the Vegas Golden Knights. Pregame coverage will start at 7:10 on 99.3 The Lift.
Our Finlandia University hockey coverage continues Saturday night, when the Lions men’s team entertains St. Norbert College. The pregame show will start at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift, and 993TheLift.com.
Email sports stories and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.