Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
In high school volleyball last night…
• Ewen-Trout Creek v Ironwood – no report.
In volleyball tonight…
• Calumet travels to Marquette.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell welcomes Ewen-Trout Creek
• Jeffers visits Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
• Chassell plays at L’Anse.
• Baraga hosts Watersmeet.
The Houghton soccer team plays at Marquette today.
The Houghton cross country team competes in a meet at Kingsford.
The Tigers had yesterday off, and host the Reds tonight. Coverage will begin at 6:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
Brandon Woodruff turned in his first career complete-game shutout last night, as the Brewers romped over the Marlins 12-0. Woodruff scattered six hits, while his teammates pounded out 17. Mark Canha homered. Willy Adames had three hits, and drove in four runs.
The Brewers entertain the Marlins again tonight. Freddy Peralta will start against JT Chargois.
The Cubs won, so Milwaukee’s lead in the National League Central Division stands at three games over Chicago.
The Brewers have called third-baseman Josh Donaldson up from Nashville. Donaldson was the American League’s Most Valuable Player in 2015 with the Blue Jays, but has struggled the past several seasons. He signed a minor-league contract with Milwaukee two weeks ago, after he was released by the Yankees. Owen Miller was sent down to make room.
Aaron Rodgers’ run as quarterback of the Jets appears to have ended almost before it started. On his fourth play in his debut last night, the former Packers signal caller was tackled in the backfield, and had to be helped from the field with what is feared to be an Achilles tendon injury. If it is, he could miss the rest of the season. The Jets went on to earn a dramatic 22-16 victory – after Buffalo kicked a 50-yard field goal with two seconds remaining in regulation to force overtime, New York’s Xavier Gipson returned a punt 65 yards to win the game.
If you played The Wolf Pro Football Challenge, you must have selected at least 12 games correctly to be eligible to be our weekly winner.
High School Sports Broadcasts
- Thursday – Volleyball – Calumet at Hancock – 6:10 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Friday – Football – Menominee at Calumet – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Friday – Football – Houghton at Westwood – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.